Cycling around Jönköping – try it out! Stunning views, hills and adventures. Explore the hills and lakes around the southern shores of the lake Vättern.
The area is great for both road cycling, gravel and adventure cycling and MTB.
Every year cyclist visit the Jönköping region with the road cycling competition Vätternrundan passing by towns and sites in the county. Another important Jönköping outdoor competition is the Ironman Jönköping 70.3.
Tips for cycling around Jönköping
Rent a motorhome from Daylight Husbilscenter or from Skanditrip Premium Motorhome Rental. Their rental station is placed in the centre of Jönköping. During the high season the rental takes place in Gothenburg, close to ferries, train stations and Landvetter airport.
MTB, road cycling routes and gravel and adventure cycling.
Check out “Cycling in Jönköping” for more information on cycling routes and cycling adventures. They also have information on Rent a bike .
Places to park and stay
Lunch stop with Lake Vättern view
On one of the cycling trips make a lunch stop at Lustfyllt, a café and restaurant with stunning views o the Lake Vättern.
Farm stop for cyclist- Hemma på Hult
Park your motorhome overnight on the farm, Hemma på Hult. They serve delicious homemade dinners ( pre-booked) and Swedish homemade cakes and bread.
Hemma på Hult is a great place for cyclist, boat MTB and Road cycling:
- Access to workshop with tools.
- Johan and Chatrine, the owners, are very handy and can help out with repairs.
- You can place your bike in a safe storage with a lock.
- If you want a personalised bike route they are working with a local cycling guide, both road cycling and MTB.
- If you are competing ( Iron man or Vätternrunt) you can eat healthy and wholesome food. Chatrine is a Personal Trainer and knows a lot about nutrition.
- After a competition, you want to wind down, there are nice hiking trails around the farm. Take your bike and in 30 minutes you reach different lakes where you can swim and perhaps rent a rowing boat.
- Cycle on the long lanes and roads taking you through beautiful spruce forest. For MTB lovers there are trails in the forest.
- Cycle in two counties, Jönköping with hills and lakes and Östergötland with its farmland, Östgötaslätten. Flat and fertile!
- Perhaps you want to combine cycling with hiking in a nature reserve with Old forest.
You can also rent a bike on the farm.
For more information and prices contact Chatrine.