Are you looking for countryside and small scale green transition initiatives Sweden? Perhaps you are in Sweden for a job, a meeting, conference and you want to leave the hotel complex and meet the real green transition aficionados. To meet up with people that are passionate about what they do is inspiring for real.
With this text I want showcase some efforts made in the small town of Emmaboda as well as in the Kingdom of Crystal ( Glasriket). Meet some of the countryside entrepreneurs that are resourcefully walking the talk. I want to introduce to Malin and Magnus, Iwona and Chatrine, Emmaboda locals, who show the way and inspire others ( including me).
In addition, good train connection with the whole Southern Sweden makes it possible to visit several other south Sweden regions.
I am part of a small network called GoNatureTrip. We started out as a digital collaboration between small businesses working in tourism. Today we have moved into supporting and promoting each other in the work towards green transition in tourism and travelling.
We invite you to travel with us.
The good traveller exploring green transition initiative Sweden
We believe that you are keen to learn about Sweden. Perhaps you are here for the first time or you might visit us on a regular basis. Some of you might live in Sweden on a shorter or longer contract.
Travelling is all about learning and experiencing as well to increase wellbeing. In addition, When we leave or everyday hustle and bustle, we have the opportunity to find balance between parasympathetic nervous system and the sympathetic nervous system.
Equally important is to travel in harmony with the world around us and with nature.
In short, we need to find ways to reduce stress and relax but at the same time us our time to be active, to learn and to care. We invite you to have the best of all worlds.
Follow us on a visit to Emmaboda in the Kingdom of Crystal ( Glasriket) a region in transition.
- Long week-ends and city breaks
- Have fun, enjoy the company of others, and laugh.
- Learn about ourselves and the world around us.
- Enjoy physical exercise in beautiful surroundings.
- Hiking or cycling in the Kingdom of Crystal
- A safe place where we can forget about the demands of others and the outside world
- Sleep a whole night with the sound of nature around is
- Swim in a lake and clean our body and mind with a fantastic lakeside sauna
- Mindfulness in the forest and nature.
- Enjoy the Swedish Allemansrätt, pick mushrooms, berries and bring home a souvenir from the forest.
- Good food in company with others. Outdoors the food always taste better.
The GoNature Trip initiatives towards Green transition Swedish countryside
- Go Nature Market where we showcase green transition visits and learning programmes , nature products that promote well-being and guided sustainable nature activities
- Biokol Valborg or Biochar Walpurigs where we invite others to celebrate the old by upcycle a cherished Swedish tradition. The Green transition starting in our backyards and neighborhoods.
- Support the Green transition Hub in Emmaboda, Småland. They show the way and embrace upcyling without borders. Visit Emmaboda to learn more
In the spring of 2023, Sweden will hold the Presidency of the Council of the European Union and one of the main points on the agenda is Green and energy transition. Much focus will be on the green industries in the north of Sweden but we want to showcase the initiatives in a small location in the south of Sweden.
The small great steps green businesses
We invite the world to find out more about the small great steps that are taken by some of the resorts we work with in the field of
- Building tourist accommodation and homesteads based on the principle of no waste, upcling and being self-sufficient in production of biochar and climate friendly energy.
- Small scale eco horticulture.