Start motorhome trip in Gothenburg
Start your motorhome holiday in the Gothenburg Metropolitan area
Many of our clients start their motorhome holiday spending an extra day or two in the Gothenburg Metropolitan area. The closest international airport is Landvetter. It is a great place to start if you are planning to travel south or northbound along the coastline, to the Lake Vänern or to Norway.
Sights and activities Gothenburg Metropolitan area
City , historical landmarks and shopping
- City life with boulevards, great restaurants and a vibrant nightlife;
- Historical landmarks such as traces of the city wall and fortification at Esperantoplatsen close to Järntorget as well as the fortress Skansen Kronan.
- Feskekörka (‘fish church’ in Swedish) is a indoor fish and shellfish market place. Here you can buy fish and seafood delicacies caught the same day.
Parks, hiking, nature and outdoors
- The Linne area is a lovely part of the city, and you will find the Botanical garden and the fantastic green lung and garden learning centre. Moreover, in the same area, you will find the park Slottskogen with great walking paths, restaurants, playgrounds and a small zoo.
- Keep your eyes open for the Landshövdingshusen (The governor house), unique to Gothenburg.
- A fantastic coastline with quaint beaches, archipelago and boats trips to the islands Brännö, Styrsö and Vrångö.
- Join the Swedes at an open-air swimming bath or a public sauna. swim in a pool located just across the river from the city centre at the former old ship building industry area “Frihamnen”. .
- Fantastic nature reserves, hike in and around the seemingly never-ending lake district connecting the Delsjön lakes with the Lake Rådasjön and the Lake Stensjön.
- Swimming in the lakes of Mölndal and visit the Castle Gunnebo with a café and restaurant.
- Fishing in Gothenburg there are several lakes close to the centre.
- Spend some time discovering Gothenburg area with MTB adventures.
- If you like trekking, you will have a blast in nature reserves and landscape parks.
Rent a bike
- Rent a bike and explore the city through “Styr & Ställ” with stations all around the city and in Mölndal. If you wish to rent a bike long term for your motorhome holiday, check out https://gonaturetrip.com/bike-rental-skanditrip/
- Visit museums in the city of Gothenburg as well as in Mölndal.
- In the city centre you can visit the ship “Götheborg”, a replica of a 18th century ship.
- The Maritiman a i Gothenburg museum exhibits several ships http://www.maritiman.se/en/fleet.
Our motorhome rental station is in Mölndal and you can reach us easily from
- Landvetter airport
- the Kiel ferry terminal
- the Denmark ferry terminal.
- the Mölndal train station with direct trains from Copenhagen.
- The main central train station, with several public buses and trams or taxis.
Hotels and Accommodation Gothenburg
If you stay in a hotel or apartment there are nice areas close to us:
- The “Linnéstaden” area o
- The Korsvägen transport hub situated in the Gothenburg event area.
- Hotels in or close to the Mölndal commercial centre